Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Spain Week 1

I was able to get some sleep on the plane over the Madrid which put me in a better mood. Sleeping in an airport really sucks. I was able to find the representative from the university in Alcala De Henares , which is where I am staying.

I meet up with all of my friends that were in the program and we got on the bus and went to Alcala. When we got to the city center all of our house mom's were standing their waiting for us. As it turns out, my house mom was the last to arrive and my room mate was lost in Madrid. I eventually found her and my room mate showed up. My room mate is Thomas Fleming, really nice guy and luckily he speaks some Spanish. My house mom's name is Pepi. She is a really nice lady, she doesn't speak any English. This could get interesting.

We each have our own room in the house so that made us both happy. She made us dinner and we slept really good that night.

The next day we had orientation. We meet at the school and we went over all the rules. It lasted about hours. After that we went on a tour of Alcala and Madrid. They showed us how to get around and where a lot of things were.

The next 3 days.......well............lets just say that we went around to all of the local establishments and got accustomed to the local culture.

The first week of classes went fine. Just classes, this is a study abroad program so I have to go to class 4 days a week for 4 hours a day. It not that bad. This weekend we have a few weekend trips planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment