Sunday, July 11, 2010

Florienze, Italy

So, I flew into Milan and took the train down to Florence. I was really looking forward to this part of my trip because it was going to be real relaxing. You can see everything in Florence in about 2 days but I was there for 3 so I could relax. I went and saw the Duomo and climbed the tower and the dome to the church. I was went to Michelangelo part in the day and at night so I could get a panoramic view of Florence. I found a museum housing a lot of Galileo’s inventions and housed a lot of his history. That was really cool though. I went to Ponte Vecchio Bridge also. I gave myself some extra days in Florence so I could go to Pisa and see the leaning tower. It is kind of cheesy but I wanted to go there. I also went to San Gimignano, that was second favorite town. San Gimignano is an old medieval town that has many 5 story sky scrapers that they built out of stone. I paid 5 EU and climbed the tallest tower there. When I got to the top I was able to look out at rolling hills for as long as the eye could see. I took a lot of pictures and I will always remember that moment. I went back to Florence so I could pack and for Austria!

No comments:

Post a Comment