Sunday, July 11, 2010

Geneva, Switzerland

The train ride was ok but I didn't realize how big lake Geneva was. We must have been next to it for at least 2 hours. They don’t use the euro in Switzerland so I had to get some more money. The Swiss-franc is actually less than the dollar….I was happy to see this until I saw the price of everything. I bought a quarter pounder with cheese meal and it cost me 11.50 francs….that is about a $10 McDonalds meal! I didn't eat that much in Geneva.

The next day I went on a tour of CERN. I must say that I was a little disappointed. They didn't let me see any of the labs or the accelerator its self. I did get to see the control room though. I bought a key chain and headed out the explore Geneva. The fountain is really cool and a lot of the buildings are. I bought a lot of souvenirs for people back home and I bought myself a real Swiss army knife and Swiss army bag. These are two of the things that I really wanted. So the next morning I boarded a plane and went back to Madrid for the night. I got my big bag out of the locker that I rented and when I got to the hotel I started to figure out how I was going to get everything home. I ended up throwing some cloths out and my bag ended up being 1 pound under the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment